Wednesday, October 23, 2013

music and romance can be complicated

I don't usually like Manga based off of dating sims because it builds up all of this romantic tension and then doesn't follow through. This one wasn't so bad though, and because of the art and the story telling.

I do get really annoyed at the lead though, there is no way a person can be so clueless as to not notice that Six guys are seriously interested in her. I know it's necessary to drive the story but it makes her look seriously stupid. The books also seem to have a bit of a Madonna complex in regards to her, which is a bit creepy, especially when the guys who are romantically interested in her start thinking of her in motherly ways. I know it's mild, but ick.

The series is really good at building romantic tension though, so if you are a fan of that (as I am) then check this series out. It's also about music, which is beautiful and great so that's another reason to give it a try.

I also found the inclusion of a whole new set of characters very distracting. I kept thinking that there was so little space left, so why waste it on people we aren't invested in? Bah.

This is a good book for young tweens, since the romance is high, but the actual contact between bodies is (incredibly) low. There isn't even kissing, except maybe once on the forehead.

No comments:

Post a Comment